At the heart of the Salisbury community are the volunteers involved in the daily life of the Centre, who make the Centre the diverse, welcoming and thriving place it is!
As a volunteer, you have the opportunity to contribute to a vibrant community initiative that aims to make a difference to the environment and to build community. You will be part of a wider team of volunteers from different backgrounds.
There are many teams and roles in which you can get involved:
- Community Meals: Cooking for, coordinating and hosting community meals and events.
- Community Seasonal Celebrations: Co-creating and facilitating seasonal community celebrations.
- Living Lighter ‘Climate Champions’: Awareness raising on climate change through workshops and events, embedding sustainability in the Salisbury Centre community (project funded by the Scottish Government’s Climate Challenge Fund until Mar 2021).
- Garden: Taking part in regular group gardening sessions and workshops to maintain food garden and nature patches.
- Community groups and events: Helping out to the organisation and running of various community events.
- Meditation: Facilitating the Centre’s free, twice daily silent meditation sessions.
- Office: Administration, bookkeeping, communications, event planning.
- Promotion: Distributing and designing flyers and posters.
- Library: Receiving and organising book donations, and maintaining the Centre’s library as an inspiring resource for the community.
- DIY & Woodwork: Supporting the maintenance of the building, ranging from painting walls, woodworking, to mending broken things, depending on skills and interest.
- Photographers & film-makers
- Or any other ideas or ways you would like to volunteer! From painting, repairing, decorating, or mending, we would love to hear what you could contribute.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Salisbury Centre, please fill out this form and we will be in touch:
Our Volunteer Handbook has further information.
New volunteers should fill out the Personal Info & Consent Form.
See also the Centre’s Terms & Conditions.