At the heart of the Salisbury community are the volunteers involved in the daily life of the Centre, who make the Centre the diverse, welcoming and thriving place it is!
As a volunteer, you have the opportunity to contribute to a vibrant community initiative that aims to make a difference to the environment and to build community. You will be part of a wider team of volunteers from different backgrounds.
There are many teams and roles in which you can get involved:
- Welcomer: being a friendly face at reception to welcome new and existing users of the centre.
- Seed Library: contributing to seed-saving and sharing in our community through sharing circles, events, gardening, and maintaining our seed library. More info here
- Community Dinner Co-host: Setting up, facilitating the blessing of the meal, make sure any food allergens are mentioned before serving, clearing up and tidying the space
- Community Seasonal Celebrations: Co-creating and facilitating seasonal community celebrations.
- Garden: Taking part in regular group gardening sessions and workshops to maintain food garden and nature patches.
- Meditation: Facilitating the Centre’s free, twice daily silent meditation sessions.
- Promotion: Distributing and designing flyers and posters.
- Library: Receiving and organising book donations, and maintaining the Centre’s library as an inspiring resource for the community.
- DIY & Woodwork: Supporting the maintenance of the building, ranging from painting walls, woodworking, to mending broken things, depending on skills and interest.
- Photographers & film-makers
- Curators and Researchers: examining and researching our historical achieves and compiling and assisting in creating installations.
- Or any other ideas or ways you would like to volunteer! From painting, repairing, decorating, or mending, we would love to hear what you could contribute.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Salisbury Centre, please fill out this form and we will be in touch:
Any other questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Volunteer Handbook has further information.
New volunteers should fill out the Personal Info & Consent Form.
See also the Centre’s Terms & Conditions.