The Salisbury Centre is delighted to announce that we received a Scottish Government Climate Challenge Fund Grant for a 2 year project, now running at the centre from April 2019 until March 2021.
Now well established and in our second year, the project has:
- Held an annual Climate Gathering to bring organisations and members of the community together to determine a collective climate action area for organisations to support and promote to members.
- Held climate conversations and other carbon saving workshops and film-showings
- Increased our food growing garden space and held gardening workshops and events, and used our kitchen to share meals and demonstrate cooking, preserving and food waste reduction
- Held upcycling events including textile and furniture repair
- Installed all new energy efficient sash and case windows and other energy saving measures
- Established a team of Climate Champion volunteers who are integral to the development and running of the project
We’re learning a lot, reducing our carbon footprint, and having plenty of fun along the way!
The project team includes (left to right) our gardener Alan Mitchell, our volunteer and outreach worker, Mika Moriyama and Brenna Nyznik, project manager.
Please see ‘Our Community’ section to learn more about us.
And for information on events and activities, please check our ‘What’s On’ section, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope to see you at the centre soon!