The Living Lighter Project has now wrapped up! From April 2019 to March 2021, we were able to run the two-year project thanks to the Scottish Government’s Climate Challenge Fund.
Our commitment to climate action and sustainability continues so watch this space for future plans and activities!
Here are some of the things we accomplished:
- Held two annual Interfaith Climate Gatherings to bring organisations and members of the community together to determine a collective climate action area
- Held climate conversations and other carbon saving workshops and film-showings
- Increased our food growing garden space and held gardening workshops and events, and used our kitchen to share meals and demonstrate cooking, preserving and food waste reduction
- Held upcycling events including textile and furniture repair
- Installed all new energy efficient sash and case windows and other energy saving measures
- Established a team of Climate Champion volunteers
We learnt a lot, reduced our carbon footprint, and had plenty of fun!
To hear about future activities and events, please check the ‘What’s On’ section or follow us on Facebook.
Thanks to everyone who volunteered, participated, and supported the project. We hope to see you at the Centre soon!