Sunday 29th January – 13:00 – 17:00
Join us for a special day of community re-emergence from the darkest day and busy festive seasons!
Join The Salisbury Centre for a gentle day in the garden with warm drink, around the fire, sharing food and good company with old and new friends!
This day will also fall on Imbolc, a Celtic seasonal celebration where our spirit begins to stretch & reawaken after the winter’s rest!
A time of new beginning, new life stirring, trials and initiations!
Surfing on the spirit of such seasonal energy, this day will officially mark the launch of the Salisbury Centre’s 50th anniversary programme.
- hear from some special guests who will share some of the magic history of the Salisbury Centre spanning many many decades
- come find out first hand from our community facilitators, what community offerings and events will be available from Jan-Jun 2023 (There will be a brand new Brochure with events and information about the centre!)
- hear from Maggie MacKechnie, current Co Clinical Manager at Wellspring organization (who sprang from the Centre in the 70’s), about the original history of how the Salisbury Centre evolved and branched in other inspiring communities in Edinburgh and beyond, amidst the growth movement of the late 60’s!
- get inspired to be part of the next 50th years of this wonderful community, and help us celebrate and create a new vision for the next 50th years!
Schedule of the day:
- 13:00 – 14:00 – arrival, relax in the garden, share food and teas around the fire (Bring some food to share if you’d like!)
- 13:45 – 14:30 – Singing around the Fire (with Francesco)
- 15:00 – 16:15 Historical presentation & talk about the early Salisbury Centre years from Maggie MacKechnie + official launch the 50th countdown to the June week (This is an exciting opportunity to feel part of something special, realising the shared history of our beloved building/community. Do not miss it!!!)
- 16:15-16:30 – Community Facilitators announcing their offering as part of the Jan-Jun 2023 community event programme
We hope to see you there! Come and be part of these new 50th years of such a special and magical community!
To celebrate the Salisbury Centre turning 50th we are organizing a week of exciting events, gathering and celebration for the week 18th – 25th June 2023. Please take up one of the new brochure on the day, and for up-to-date reliable information, details and schedule visit our website www.SalisburyCentre.org