These classes offer you the opportunity to creatively explore and learn acting skills, as well as gaining new character building tools in a well-held, playful and supportive space.
We will explore and draw on a range of different approaches and techniques together, including those inspired by Stanislavski (imagination, senses and emotions), Grotowski (creative bodywork and somatic movement), Jacques Lecoq (clowning and miming), and Yoshi Oida (exploring the use of space and developing stage presence).
The classes will involve:
– individual and group exercises, and drama games
– deep self exploration and building confidence, imagination and creativity
– understanding and developing characters
– exploring the use of voice and body through vocal and physical expression and movement
– clowning and miming
– working with scripts, using environment, sound, space, personal experience and characters to explore text and performance
No previous experience is required, and all levels from total beginners to experienced practitioners are welcome. I will adapt our work together to your needs and experience, as well as to the wishes of the group. Feedback will be given throughout the course and all questions are encouraged.
Spaces are limited to 8 people, to enable in-depth work in a safe space.
Initially, we will have 4 weekly donation-based classes together (04.11, 11.11, 18.11, 25.11), after which we will discuss future courses if you would like to deepen your work.
Time: 19:00 – 21:00 pm (Check individual date)
Suggested donation: £3- £10
To Book a space